Resolutions and all that jazz
- the act of resolving or determining upon an action, course of action, method, procedure, etc.
- a resolve; a decision or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.Her resolution to clear her parents' name allowed her no other focus in life.
I have no New Year's resolutions to announce..
Sorry if that disappoints you. I don't know why people bother, as it seems most often the resolutions to lose weight, travel the world, make $1 million or whatever seem to set us all up for inevitable failure.
I do have
Plans and Hopes and Goals
Plans: (and Celebrations!)
1. To spend a weekend in Massachusetts and watch my beautiful daughter graduate from Hampshire College!
2. To go on a major trip with my husband to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in November. We haven't decided where yet. We're thinking Japan, Thailand, New Zealand, maybe Europe, as I'm not sure my nerves can make the plane trip to the other side of the world.
1. A new Millicent and the Faraway Moon Coloring Book that I'm working on right now
2. A new Millicent book that deals with losing someone to illness
3. To create three or four new paintings for a show that I'm having in March at the
4. To develop limited edition lines of pottery for wholesale and retail
5. To revamp my website
6. To create paintings and launch a show featuring cats in locations which I have visited or want to visit
7. To be nore helpful to others less fortunate than myself
Wow, I am planning to busy and productive! Yay me!
OK,to that end, I guess maybe I do have
I might like to try on, even though I haven't been very successful with it in the past.
(True Confession : I am extremely consistent at being inconsistent!)
I can organize events and other people down to every detail and minutia. I can and have scheduled large events down to every minor detail, but for myself, organization and sticking to a schedule is the biggest caveat that I struggle with for my home life and my work in the studio.
So, OK! I'll make a
again and we'll see if it sticks.
will be......(drum roll please)!
To show up to work in my studio from 9 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday.
Oh, my gosh I'm laughing as I even dictate that into my phone....
Mostly because the nature of clay is such that you have to give it a lot of love and attention. It doesn't always dry or get to the trim state during the time that you ascribe to it and I have the luxury of not working during the day if the evening happens to suit me or the clay more. But I am going to try it because I am better during the day. And besides, I might want to have a glass of wine or martini at night while I'm working and that just makes me get sleepy and want to go to bed- LOL
So, OK there it is.
show up for work every day!
Now for the
1. To do a three-week to month-long residency at an art center. (Don't worry after 24 years of marriage my husband's only concern might be who will take care of the cats while I'm gone :0)
2. If I can't swing the residency, a two week workshop at least.
3. Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men. Really- I pray for our nation as we go about the business of electing a new President in a few short months and I pray that the world will see an end to the evil growing in it.
4. I hope and pray for continued good health and prosperity for myself, my family and all of those that I care about.
Here's to a Happy New Year and I wish many blessings to you and yours in 2016!~